Portfolio

Portfolio

Friday, January 6, 2012

Revisit the tracks

Like Game Drives, Dives are never the same even if you go to the same site on consecutive days or even on the same day. Just ask around I am sure everyone will agree even Andrew.

So there I went back to Ille Seche, remember my blog, -The First Rule of Diving-I was particularly interested to shoot the large schools of silver fin bat fish hovering above the larger schools of glassies with the posse of golden trevally patrolling and having the feast of a lifetime as part of the annual ranga tanga 
(see previous blog).

The day was a scorcher, as only the Seychelles can serve up. Blue skies, no wind, flat seas.....I decided to go early and take those wonderful photos I did not take the day before. We jumped in and the viz, she was great. Well here is the report card!

[Some] of the glassies were still there, but much less of them. There were a few stray (overfed) golden  trevally around, but they were not too busy. None of the large schools of silver fin bat fish made a showing. In fact I could not even see one. So just as I was starting  to hitting despair, I saw a large boulder (Seychelles diving consist of diving around boulders with coral)  covered in glassies. Suddenly I also spotted my favourite animal as I saw a small hawksbill turtle glide towards the boulder as well. I followed him and took some nice once. I also spotted him later towards the end of our hour long dive.




Suddenly the reef was alive once more as this time a never ending school of fusiliers swam past and then followed by smaller posse of golden trevally. I post pictures of the two schools and then also a collage of the dive. Enjoy....







No comments:

Post a Comment